24.9.09

{Cafeteria Prayers}

{this post is written with disgust at my own selfish attitude lately.}


Lord, the next time I enter the cafeteria, looking for chicken patties or yummy pizza and find only overcooked lasagna and soggy potato wedges, bring this image to my mind: 


 


And when I go to get a drink and the machine is out of ice, and I have to walk 20 yards to the other side of the cafeteria let me think of this before opening my stupid mouth:



 



 And the next time I start to make a general complaint about the quality, selection or taste of my meal please stop the words from leaving my tongue and instead remind me to pray for this: 



 



Amen. 



4 comments:

  1. Thank you for all your lovely comments, they were so encouraging to read :)
    What an inspiring blog you have here.
    I'm not religious myself but I am spiritual and believe in God and working for a greater good, in doing good to others.
    I'm following your blog now, it's so accessible and applicable to everyday life without being forceful in beliefs.
    Really heartfelt and inspiring stuff, keep it coming :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't wanna bore you with my life story...ill just shorten it and say I used to go to church all the time, and now i dont.

    I am not angry at the church so much as disappointed in them. I hope there are more out there like you. I tried to be a "good" christian but got tired of all the pretending.

    I like the blog, at first i was going to be critical...maybe because im desensitized to things like this by people like the 700 club and the like. However, i sensed a realness to your requests, a genuine feeling.

    I hope that you are right, that there is a God who wants good for us....but im just not 100% anymore.

    I do share your disgust though at the way we sit back and indulge in our abundance while most of the world dies a slow painful death from hunger.

    I used to hate when i heard people say religion was an opiate for the masses...but more and more im beggining to see what Marx was talking about. sorry for the drawn out comment.

    peace

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was about to write a very drawn out comment to answer, then decided I would blog about it instead. So read my next blog...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can I thank you for Cafeteria Prayer! I couldn't help but cry! I'm going to share this with my coworkers! What a wake-up call!

    ReplyDelete